You Are Not Alone
Contacts and support resources.
Online and face-to-face.
Read our Policy.
Our Title IX Commitment
The University of Tennessee is committed to creating and maintaining a safe and non-discriminatory learning, living, and working environment free from Sexual Harassment (including Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking), Sexual Exploitation, and Retaliation.
The University of Tennessee’s Title IX commitment is grounded in the Center for Disease Control’s Social-Ecological Model. Our commitment emphasizes five key areas:
- Policy. Our foundation is in the policy and procedures we follow.
- Prevention and Education. Our goal is to prevent Sexual Harassment (including Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, and Stalking), Sexual Exploitation, and Retaliation before they happen.
- Supportive Measures. Our promise is to provide support and appropriate supportive measures to individuals involved in the Title IX process.
- Investigation and Resolution. Our commitments to due process, campus safety, and encouraging reporting guide how we investigate and resolve reports.
- Patterns and Trends. Our responsibility is to utilize the best available research, evidence-based practice, and our own campus trends in our prevention and response efforts.
We encourage any student who has experienced safety concerns to report to UTPD and participate in the university’s investigative process.
Please call 911 with any immediate safety concerns.
LiveSafe Campus Safety App
LiveSafe meets student requests for a mobile solution to simplify communication with the university. Users have convenient access to campus resources and services without having to search the internet for them.